Make Better Documents and Lakazdi
ABN: 56 264 985 782
Registered Business in Australia at:
122 20 Montague Road South Brisbane 4101
WhatsApp and Telegram number: +614 31659627
Mobile: +614 31659627
Your personal data (first and last name, email, address, phone number, website, logo, fonts, branding, style guide) will be used to process your order, design your products, support your experience throughout this website. These details will not be sold. Make Better Documents stores this information on a computer not used by anybody else and has a backup of this information (in the form of final files) on Dropbox. Since this information is crucial in creating designs there is no option to opt-out.
While you own the copyright upon payment, Make Better Documents does have rights to present your work as a sample for marketing and promotional purposes only. Make Better Documents is prohibited from reproducing the Product in any for–profit use.
Make Better Documents will use common sense when it comes to confidential information and will sign a Non–Disclosure Agreement upon request by the Client.
Lakazdi.com (ecommerce site) uses the following services: Mailchimp and Google Analytics. Mailchimp for sending automated emails alongside Woocommerce. Lakazdi’s web store is Woocommerce and payments are made through Stripe or PayPal. All payment information follows the standards set up by these two companies. Lakazdi does not have access to credit card details supplied by clients through these two payment systems. Google Analytics is used to understand which pages and keywords are successful as well as which device and country users are coming from. Lakazdi is not collecting cookies or using retargeting marketing.
Your account will be deleted after two years of inactivity, files and invoices deleted after 7 years as per Australian Law. Any failed, pending or cancelled orders will be deleted after two weeks.
Make Better Documents offers professional services and digital products. All sales of digital products are considered final and no refunds or exchanges are possible. With services, if the client chooses to no longer proceed with the professional services Make Better Documents offers, they must inform Make Better Documents in writing. Make Better Documents can provide a partial refund of the total price. The partial refund will exclude the cost of any work already completed. The partial refund will be a maximum of 50% of the total price.
Work Health and Safety Policy
Lakazdi/Make Better Documents is committed to providing and maintaining a safe and healthy workplace for all workers (including contractors and volunteers). The business is operated 100% remotely and no public or clients attend the office. Hazards and risks to health and safety will be eliminated or minimised, as far as is reasonably practicable.
The responsibility for managing health and safety ultimately rests with Kassandra Marsh, the sole-owner of the company. Workers also have important responsibilities for health and safety in the workplace.
We are committed to complying with the Work Health and Safety Act 2011, the Work Health and Safety Regulation 2011, codes of practice and other safety guidance material.
- Ensure the business complies with all legislation relating to health and safety
- Eliminate or minimise all workplace hazards and risks as far as is reasonably practicable
- Provide information, instruction and training to enable all workers to work safely
- Supervise workers to ensure work activities are performed safely
- Consult with and involve workers on matters relating to health, safety and wellbeing
- Provide appropriate safety equipment and personal protective equipment
- Provide a suitable injury management and return to work program
- Encourage wellness in the form of physical activity, rest, meditation, massage
- Provide regular breaks from the computer to minimise repetitive strain injury
- Take reasonable care for their own health and safety
- Follow safe work procedures, instructions and rules
- Participate in safety training
- Report health and safety hazards
- Report all injuries and incidents
- Use safety equipment and personal protective equipment as instructed
Our goal is to provide a safe and healthy work environment that is free from workplace injury and illness. This will only be achieved through the participation, co-operation and commitment of everyone in the workplace.
Quality Assurance Policy
Lakazdi and Make Better Documents use the following graphic design quality control checks. This is to keep both the client and Lakazdi or Make Better Documents, as a supplier of a professional service, on the same page. Even if subcontractors are used, the ultimate responsibility for quality of work lies with Kassandra Marsh, owner of both Lakazdi and Make Better Documents. In all projects the aim is to provide customers with services and products that meet and even exceed expectation.
Client Requirements & Expectations
Before getting started, the client will receive a document outlining the design process as well a design agreement. These two documents go over all of the client design requirements and expectations. By walking through this process together, we can identify any unexpected design challenges or needs that may not have been considered.
Software and file handling
- Software – Lakazdi/Make Better Documents uses up-to-date industry standard software to produce all digital artwork.
- File Handling –The client will receive the working source files for future editing at the end of the project. During the design process, the client will receive PDFs to proof.
- File Backup – All files are automatically backed up daily to a secure cloud-based system with full support and in addition files are periodically backed up on external hard drives.
Understanding the target market for a design can mean a vastly different outcome in terms of graphic design. For example, the design for a public company’s annual report will be different between a workbook for children. It’s the designer’s role to meet the specifications of the client while keeping their audience in mind for the design.
The prices are fixed and include a certain amount of inclusions including revisions, design options, using stock images. Any changes the client requires outside of the initial agreement will be charged at the agreed hourly rate, after client approval to continue working.
Before work commences, the client is expected to send Lakazdi/Make Better Documents a copy of their branding elements. This may include a corporate style guide/style sheet. This is crucial to ensure that the work completed matches the brand guidelines.
- Fonts – If the branding uses specific fonts, the client is to supply the files, as well as a listing of how each is expected to be used. For example, main paragraph text may be in Times New Roman, but headlines in Helvetica.
- Logos – If your company has a logo, a high-resolution image, preferably in its native AI or EPS format, will need to be supplied.
- Colour palette – All colours used by your company will need to be broken out into their corresponding CMYK and RGB hex codes. If the brand’s colours have specific uses, they will need to be listed in the stylesheet. For example, colours of headlines are always dark blue.
High-resolution images & legal ownership documents
If the client is supplying images to be placed or used, they will need to be the highest quality format available. The client is also expected to obtain correct permissions or licences to use any images that they supply to Lakazdi/Make Better Documents to use. Any images, fonts, graphics used/supplied by Lakazdi/Make Better Documents will have correct permissions or licences to use.
Most designs will require some content from the client. It may be as small as a website and headline, or as large as the content for an entire magazine. Before we can dig into the project and make any headway, all content will need to be received and ready to be placed. The content should be triple checked for errors.
- Typesetting – Lakazdi/Make Better Documents will run through a quality checklist of typesetting features to ensure a high quality product. This includes but not limited to: em-dashes, using correct quotation marks, not splitting words across a column.
- Spellcheck – Lakazdi/Make Better Documents will run a spell check over the content as a quality control measure.
- Proofing – Before final files are sent, the client is expected to check over the work for errors. Lakazdi is not responsible for any errors after the client has approved the product and received deliverables.
- Publication – Unless agreed upfront, Lakazdi/Make Better Documents is not responsible for further processes to final product, such as printing or electronic publication after approval.
At the onset of any project, all timelines, milestones and deadlines will be decided. Whenever possible, we strive to not only meet the delivery timelines but exceed it.
Lakazdi/Make Better Documents strives to be aware of the latest technologies and processes available to produce a high quality end product.
- Feedback – At the end of the project, the client will be asked to provide feedback to continue to improve the service offered.
Where possible, design solutions are considering their impact on the planet. Soy based inks, post-consumer recycled paper and resuing hardware for booths are all standard practice. The office uses LED lights and because of passive energy, little additional energy is required for heating/cooling. The office is by standard paperless and all invoices/quotes are sent electronically. All purchases are considered for their full product lifecycle and when at end of life, is recycled according to best practices. Very little goes to landfill. When possible, reduction or reusing is preferred over buying new. When travelling, carbon offsets are purchased.
Giving Back Policy
Lakazdi/Make Better Documents donates a share of the profits to these charities:
- Wikimedia (supporting free and open education for all)
- Team Trees/Team Seas (planting additional forests, removing waste from oceans)
- Oz Harvest (reducing food waste, eliminating food uncertainty)
- Kiva (funding women entrepreneurs to realise their dreams)